Home / Our Products / Frequently Asked Questions / FAQ - Property Coverage

FAQ - Property Coverage

What does the policy cover?
  • Your personal property
  • Your personal liability
  • Medical Payments for others
Optional coverages available
  • Property Damage Coverage during transit to/from the United States
  • Coverage for items stored in government storage facility
Where is coverage provided?
Everywhere except the United States and Canada.

Is terrorism covered?
We will review the circumstance of any loss to determine if coverage exists.

What is personal liability coverage?
This coverage protects your assets if you are liable for bodily injury or property damage to others who do not live in your household.

Do you cover boats, motorcycles, RVs, or ATVs?
No, these vehicles are not covered property. You may have liability coverage when operating these, however, there are some limitations in the policy.

What medical payments are covered?
There is coverage for medical payments for others who might be injured at your home.

What proof do you need for scheduled property?
A proof of purchase or an appraisal completed within the last 5 years.

Is my property covered if I use it for business?
If it’s primary use is for business, it would not be covered by this policy. If business use is occasional, it may be covered.

What kind of business property is excluded?
Property associated with any trade, profession, or occupation is excluded from coverage.

Is there loss of income coverage?
If you are attending a hearing or trial related to a covered loss in litigation, you may receive up to $150 per day for loss of income.

Find answers to your questions about other coverages or features on these pages:
Deductibles, discounts, and other features
Company information